CATALAN DONKEYThe Guarà
The Catalan donkey is the best donkey breed in the world, and, believe this is much smarter than most animals. It is also true that he is much more stubborn, but … Who has said that stubbornness is a defect?
We encourage you to discover this great animal.
Short history, features and anatomy, breeding, feeding, present situation and their uses
The existence and origin of these animals, just as it’s known nowadays, dates back thousands of years ago. In fact, their evolution until the species existing today dates back 50 million of years . Their ancestors…
Our donkey has many similarities with the “asinus europeus”, but we must notice other virtues that distinguish it dramatically from the rest that remains on the layers of the earth.
CATALAN DONKEY USES
Why is important that these donkeys run across our fields?
WHICH ARE SOME OF THEIR USES?
– Farm labor. Agriculture and viticulture.
– Industries where little strength is needed, as the donkey is a very cheap energy.
– Carriage guide in wheel transport busnisses, as they don’t have competitors. These animals live for long, with a digestibility of rude food, inimitable for any other domestic animal, it’s resistant to fatigue and rarely gets sick.
– Horseback ride on hiking trails, mountains
– Donkey therapy sessions
– Leisure time. In countries like Germany, our donkeys are bought to be a pet.
– Mule production
– Milk production. Consumed by humans as food or medicine. This milk had a lot of uses at the time of Greeks and Romans. It was used as well to make more pale and cleaner women’s skin, for example Neró’s wife, who had milk baths, furthermore to habe more beautiful breasts.
– In Fuives, semen sale is another activity to carry out artificial reproduction.
– They clean grass and scrubs, and protect us from fires.
Countries like France, Switzerland and United States carry out crossovers with race horses, since they become more resistant.
You have not come yet?
A Fuives we wait for you with open arms. We like good people …..
Visits: Masia Fuives, s/n, 08611 Olvan, Barcelona
OFfice: pASSEIG DE LA PAU, 23 08600 BERGA, bARCELONA
Masia Fuives, s/n, 08611 Olvan, Barcelona